“Our children have the time to play and explore, the opportunity to talk and question, wonder and investigate, the confidence to discover, create, and learn.”
About Forest Schools
- Forest School is an inspirational process, that offers all learners regular opportunities to achieve and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on learning experiences in a woodland or natural environment with trees.
- Forest School is a specialised learning approach that sits within and complements the wider context of outdoor and woodland education.
- We encourage our nursery children to develop a strong, positive relationship with their natural world.
- We offer a supported outdoor environment for our children to engage in risky play in an appropriate manner.
- We provide all areas of learning outdoors at all times.
- Children can access the outdoors whenever they wish using the free flow systems we have in place.
When children are given these opportunities to play outdoors, they have the space, time and freedom to learn actively and naturally. They make friends of different ages and learn from each other. They learn respect for one another and the environment and begin to understand their emotions and how to control them, with the support of caring, knowledgeable adults. They discover how to calculate risks, solve problems and make decisions, which builds confidence and self-esteem.
The Forest School Approach also encourages children to play team games, collect natural materials, make crafts and learn about shelter building and basic woodland skills. This is a fantastic way to improve your child’s confidence and physical development. Find out more about our Go Outdoors Educational Approach here.